Saturday, April 16, 2005

Of Pizzas,garlic breads n night-outs in office

Initially , I liked the idea that if you slog the night out in the office, the co. provides you with Pizza, Garlic Bread n drinks (i.e. soft drinks of course :). Since basically I like Pizza - my taste buds enjoy the cheesy part of it and they relish the garlic bread the most. So, I thought it must be really nice to work late and devour Pizza .........

Soon, I had the chance to do just that - I had to stay late to work on an urgent problem,( I hadn't got home-connectivity then)....I must say I enjoyed the first incident though ! But soon as the occurrences repeated, with every instance I started to dislike the whole idea. There may be primarily 2 reasons for this:

First is that when I see either only me in the whole haunting office space, it seems as if u r some kinda taantrik doing some black-magic in the night at this lonely place or if u have ur team-members with you, it seems very awkward if u suddenly sit up from your place take a look around you - the very place that was buzzing with ppl in the day bears a haunting look !!
Secondly, the mind always keeps telling you - what is the home-connectivity good for if u cant be at your home n work ? But this is a minor reason, I think the first one is strong.

Amidst all this, of course my love for Pizza n garlic bread is very well intact :)

But I must say that the appreciation you get after the slogging is really inspiring.....may be managers know how to make the lesser mortals to work :)

Happy night-out guys !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home